Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A writer's jitters

Spent a restless night. In fact I've been on tenterhooks for days, though I don't really know why.


I was writing about Adam the other day, about his feelings for his daughter Emma, and I just kept feeling more and more that something was wrong. That maybe she would have needed fed at this point in the story, or she could be put back in her crib and Adam 'take the story' downstairs, as it were. But anyway, my Inner Editor kept yelling 'Something's not right!' -- but I don't know what isn't right! All I know is I'm being yelled at, and it's got me so wound up I can't do anything. Typing in the stuff about killed me, but I did it.


And I would love to be able to clean it up and send it out for an opinion, but I am frankly scared to. I keep imagining all the other things that 'could' be said, and I don't want to hear them again either.


So I guess the only way to deal with this situation is to face it. Clean up the chapter, finish it, and send it off. Then just go on from there.


I need to face this fear.

No comments: