Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Clarity at night -- OR Later the same day

Huh. 8.30, and I'm in bed. What a wonderful way to spend your 'Friday' night. I must admit, though, it's pretty nice to lie here and realize I don't have to make myself believe something impossible anymore, that I'm done for the day. Very wearing, to every few seconds keep forcing yourself to think what you innately count as false.


That's quite an obtuse, wordy sentence, but I'll let you work it out on your own.


So I guess I need to figure out how Adam's revelations should work out. In this chapter, he's thinking about Leslie, about her selling the farm, how she brought up the subject of his dead wife Renee (so he's also thinking about her). He's comforting Emma, (who's scared at the loud thunder), which would also remind him of Renee. But he's also thinking about how many changes he's had in his life lately and he doesn't want more (i.e., Leslie selling the Martin place). Which (seems to me) would lead to his relishing time with his daughter, and how he wants to protect her, and keep their world safe. WHICH IS ADAM'S MAIN STORY GOAL, WHICH NEEDS TO BE STATED UP FRONT, WHICH IT IS. Which he doesn't get to achieve, but that's another story -- in fact, it is the story.


Leslie's main story goal is to find a home for herself (she hopes in her dream condo), but she doesn't achieve that either.

No comments: